Thursday, December 27, 2007

Souffles and songs

So, we had yet another turkey this week. The Princess wanted a turkey for Christmas dinner, so turkey it was. Ham. Why not ham? Possibly a nice prime rib? My buddy Jan has a great recipe for prime rib. But no. No prime rib for me, just turkey. Ack! Never let it be said I don't overindulge my little one's culinary wishes.

So, in keeping with the theory of making lemonaide from lemons, I cooked down the bones and random bits of turkey meat all day yesterday and make a formidable turkey stock. Since it's chilly out today, I put together a turkey noodle soup. Yum!

And then a cheese souffle.

First time I've ever made one in the home. It was pretty yummy! The Princess was much more excited about the concept of souffles when she realized I could make a chocolate one, instead. So the cheese sort of paled in comparison. But the thing puffed up like a champ. I'm so excited, I'm gonna have to try out a chocolate one immediately. (NOT that I need any more fat grams after the holiday eating I've been doing!)

Also, you HAVE TO check out this crazy YouTube video. I don't know how this guy can sing like this, but it'll blow your mind! It sure blew mine.

No comments: